I have been dealing with some (self diagnosed) IT band pain. It has not inspired confidence in my running and although I felt ready for this first race of the season, I was seriously worried that I should not do it because I might have to quit in the middle. Sometimes the pain comes on at mile 8 and sometimes at mile 2. Three runs before the race, I could barely get through 6 miles. But then the two runs after that 5+ was not an issue. I decided to run. This was the Riverton Half Marathon. I know from running it last year that it's a tough course and the forecast said "windy." Hills and wind are the most perfect running partners. Long story short, I got through it just fine- thanks, ibuprofen and support from family and friends. Beat my time from last year by a few minutes. Off to a great start!
Hyte Family
Friday, April 6, 2012
Race season begins
Okay, I have been looking forward to race season this year. I have some new challenges (and some old :) ) I am going to do the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay in June, I have a bike "ride/race" in May, I am planning on an Olympic length triathlon this year-July, probably, and maybe a few other things-assuming my marriage can survive them...kind of kidding, but if you do this sort of thing, you know what I mean. Or any hobby that just takes up time and money.
I have been dealing with some (self diagnosed) IT band pain. It has not inspired confidence in my running and although I felt ready for this first race of the season, I was seriously worried that I should not do it because I might have to quit in the middle. Sometimes the pain comes on at mile 8 and sometimes at mile 2. Three runs before the race, I could barely get through 6 miles. But then the two runs after that 5+ was not an issue. I decided to run. This was the Riverton Half Marathon. I know from running it last year that it's a tough course and the forecast said "windy." Hills and wind are the most perfect running partners. Long story short, I got through it just fine- thanks, ibuprofen and support from family and friends. Beat my time from last year by a few minutes. Off to a great start!
These are my friends Allison and Tam, who ran the race with me-well, not side by side, because they are faster, but I'm okay with that! We train together, and that's what really counts (gets me out of bed!).
I have been dealing with some (self diagnosed) IT band pain. It has not inspired confidence in my running and although I felt ready for this first race of the season, I was seriously worried that I should not do it because I might have to quit in the middle. Sometimes the pain comes on at mile 8 and sometimes at mile 2. Three runs before the race, I could barely get through 6 miles. But then the two runs after that 5+ was not an issue. I decided to run. This was the Riverton Half Marathon. I know from running it last year that it's a tough course and the forecast said "windy." Hills and wind are the most perfect running partners. Long story short, I got through it just fine- thanks, ibuprofen and support from family and friends. Beat my time from last year by a few minutes. Off to a great start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations! I hope you took advantage of those massages behind you in the picture! Hope your race season is a success!
you guys are awesome!
Post a Comment