In October of 2011, I had run the SoJo half marathon and they had this kids race as part of the event. (Separate registration) but my kids got a shirt, and a ribbon, and got to eat race food too. This year, they decided that they wanted a real challenge and so we (Rachel, Trevor and I) signed up for the 5K. We practiced running a few times, but they never made it to the 3 miles so I was a little nervous about it. I knew we could finish if we took our time. We finished in about 45 minutes. My kids both took 1st in their age groups (competition wasn't TOO stiff =) ) Really proud of them for doing it and doing it well! New tradition? We will see- 1st place winners get free registration into next years race, so why not? When the weathers holds like it did this year, it's a really pleasant race!
1 comment:
That is awesome!!!
Post a Comment