Hyte Family

Hyte Family

Sunday, March 20, 2011

All the excitement!


Ok, so we were watching a movie today, (happened to be Harry Potter) and I go to take the garbage out, when I come back in, they (Darren, Anna and the kids) are all at the back door. Apparently there was a loud noise and they were going to investigate. So, we see a bird laying not under the window but to the side-like it was totally kaput. Then Darren says, looks like a really big bird-oh, wait it's an OWL! So Anna is telling me to stop using the phone to get a picture and call animal control, but I took one anyway-had to document this. I called and through a few transfers finally got through to someone and she says that they will have a wildlife officer call me (since animal control is for domestic and highway patrol handles "wild" animals). Wasn't sure if it was even alive (Darren wouldn't even touch it with a latex glove on) so while I am on the phone it puts it's head up and looks at us with those creepy eyes-mind you this is 4 feet from my back door. So, we pull out the video camera and stuff while waiting for this callback to see what they will do. The owl sits all the way up and Trev goes closer (to "show it something" he says later) and it flies off, but just around the side of the house. Anna is all, leave it alone and we just wanted to see if it was okay and going to be able to travel further-I mean it must have a serious headache at the least-he hit that window hard! So we go inside and the officer calls in a few minutes and we checked and the owl was completely gone. Nutty.

5 comments:

The Dummers said...

Seriously!? SO stinking funny!!!! LOVE that you were watching HP when this happened!

Graffs On The Go said...

Hysterical! I am glad no one including the owl was hurt! :)

Jami said...

way to go on the blog!!! I hope you keep it updated :)
I had no idea we had owls around here, crazy!!! It is pretty funny that you were watching harry potter, which one of those owls is constantly running into windows? too funny!

SaraBean said...

that is crazy!! I've never seen an owl, except maybe at the zoo or something.

Maranda said...

Now thats funny! I have never seen one around those parts before!