Breakdown of results: http://www.runnercard.com/runner/data/1825/3028/Result/Womens_Half_Marathon.htm
Hyte Family
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Race
I am training for a marathon (Utah Valley-June 11th). As fun as that sounds, as part of my training I ran a half-marathon yesterday. It's nice to have a local race-it was in Riverton. Not a big venue, but still nicely planned and put on. My hubby surprised me by packing up the kids and meeting me at the finish line (no picture, camera was on too long and just turned off =( -though I am sure it would have been not flattering anyway). I hadn't even asked him to come because I wasn't making a big deal of it, but it was a nice surprise.

Here's my "tomato-face" (as Rachel calls it). And my kids are being silly. They were pretty interested in the chocolate milk and Gatorade. Oh, yeah, my time was 2:01. Not a PR (personal record) but that's okay. The course was challenging (read: 3 really steep hills) that I didn't kill myself on (read: I walked when it was rough). But it was good. I felt good and am glad I did it.
Breakdown of results: http://www.runnercard.com/runner/data/1825/3028/Result/Womens_Half_Marathon.htm
Breakdown of results: http://www.runnercard.com/runner/data/1825/3028/Result/Womens_Half_Marathon.htm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great job, Em!!
Great job Emily!
Post a Comment