Hyte Family

Hyte Family

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ice Blocking

We wanted to do some extra things while Sara and Co. were here for the 4th of July week. Well, I had the brilliant idea for ice blocking. Haven't done it since I was a teen and forgot that really it's a little terrifying. But that's what makes it fun, right? After dinner, we got the ice and headed to the fabulous new park in our neighborhood, this is where we went sledding this winter, (not knowing that the lawn had never been mowed). But that did not dissuade us! No, we powered onward to the steepest of the four sides. I took the first ride to "show them how it's done" and totally biffed at the bottom. But they did it anyway (probably made it look like more fun, right?). We had cousins and Carter & Paige (our honorary cousins). Darren didn't go down once!
Carter going down


There was some of this! (Grant)

Emily and Paige-we would get to the bottom (even if we fell off) and she would say, "Let's do that again!" Such a daredevil!
Sara and Owen

Damian, Carter, and Ethan all sliding
These kids spent a lot of time hauling the ice back up the hill and losing it down the hill and having to chase after it. It wore them out-in a good way. And I have tons more pictures but my internet/computer is being so slow that I don't have time to sit here all night. So, you get the idea.

1 comment:

The Dummers said...

I forgot how dangerous ice blocking is! Don't tell Will!!!