Hyte Family

Hyte Family

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hiking the Y

For Labor Day, I decided we should do a hike as a family. We have done this before, so I needed to find a new hike, just to spice it up. I borrowed a book from a friend about some local hikes, and the "Y" that is just east of the BYU campus in Provo was on there. It's a steep one, ascending 1100 feet in just over a mile, but the views were awesome. We went in the morning and then ate our packed lunch and then went to Seven Peaks for the last day of the season (it was crowded and not warm so we were only there for like 2 hours. Plus it was T's bday and we wanted to go out to eat that night).
There was a little whining at first, but really the kids did great. We took some breaks and had some treats for motivation. It was a popular trail that day. We didn't see any rattlesnakes, which Rach was sad about but I was not.

Provo, with Utah Lake beyond. Seriously awesome view

The kids LOVE the camelbacks, Aubrey included

Sitting on the Y, having a little drink

Sitting on the Y, having a little drink

Asked a stranger to take a family pic (One of my husband's most favorite things I do)
Sitting on the Y

Top of the Y looking down; yeah, it's as scary as it looks.

Looking Northeast toward American Fork/Lehi probably
My family were good sports about hiking-thanks!
We'll try another new one next time....I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: