Hyte Family

Hyte Family

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Backyard n stuff

Darren seriously worked so hard on this project! I was a little unsure about what was happening, but it looks great. This is the southwest corner of the backyard. There is a concrete pad that is stamped and it is a rounded triangle. Against the fence, but about 3 feet out, he built up the retaining wall with flower bed. On the left (east) there is a waterfall that goes into a little pond. We also got some chairs for our little "oasis." He had to change sprinklers, run power for the pump of the waterfall, load in a ton of those castle stones (which are seriously heavy) and of course dirt and rocks. A LOT of work!
The full view

Close up-you can see the fire pit (and our little sapling blue spruces which are going to be too big to put there permanently)

Looking down the waterfall (not running) to the pond.

A little abandoned baby I saw (she sure is cute)

The drinking fountain (was technically put in last year, but didn't have a stand until just barely)

The new mailbox. I LOVE it. Couldn't get the front view because it has our address on it-but it's gorgeous!
We did it because we laid a ton more concrete-all the way to the park strip, and in it too. That's going to be easier to mow and tons of fun to shovel snow off. But I didn't take a picture of it because the boat is on it and then it just looks like a picture of the boat. Wow!

4 comments:

Jami said...

that looks so GREAT!! We LOVE our fire pit its so fun to roast marshmallows. Enjoy your little "oasis"

The Dummers said...

How have I not seen all of this work?? Has it seriously been raining every time I've been to your house? The pics look great! Can't wait to see it in person!

Graffs On The Go said...

Looks awesome!I wish we could get to those projects, but still have quite a bit of ground work, before them. I love the drinking fountain to so the door doesn't keep opening every 5 seconds.

Maranda said...

That looks so good Em!! I wanna see it in person!