The weather started a little cold, but better that than hot, for sure. It turned into a great day for a run-could not have asked for better weather, truly.
Sara and I hadn't trained together but in comparing times we thought we could run together so we decided we would do that until it wasn't working. That worked out great, actually. We stayed together until mile 21. She was dealing with some cramping in the legs and I felt okay, so that's when we split. It was nice to run with someone-did all my training alone. I was surprised at how good I felt. In fact, I felt better running yesterday than I do sitting here writing this. My body is protesting now! My legs are so sore!! I think I should make up a new word that means more than sore, because I have been sore before, but this is a little beyond that. But it will go away....
I brought my phone and texted Darren at mile 20. Then I texted again at mile 25 because I just didn't want him to miss it and that gave him about 10 minutes notice. Well, he missed me come in. He was there, just didn't see me. Then took a couple of calls for him to finally pick up. So this first picture is of me talking to David, Sara's husband to give him a heads up because I knew she was only a few minutes back.
And thanks for all the thoughtfulness/support and well wishes/congrats! I really invested a lot in this and it was nice to know others were thinking of me.
The results are posted here: https://www.raceit.com/results/default.aspx?event=5230&r=689
If you are interested. My bib # was 4366.
Apparently, my mental capacity was affected a little though: After the race, we contemplated taking the kids swimming at the hotel pool, but it was warming up so we decided to take them to Seven Peaks in Provo. (Super crowded!! But was really fun with plenty to do, in fact we stayed later than we were planning). We drove all the way home, and opened the garage, and I said, "Where's the Suzuki? Oh, crap!" Of course we drove separately to get there and I completely forgot and left the other car at the hotel in Provo. Well, we have a field trip today! (Darren isn't feeling great; Allergies turned into a cold, so he's not 100%). Duh!!
5 comments:
LOL! I am glad it went so well! Thanks for the post and the car story! Hope you have a great week!
way to go!!! I'm so proud of you, that is an amazing accomplishment :)
YEA!!! Congrats. So, so amazing! Did you see Maranda? And the car story makes me laugh, I can totally see that happening.
26.2 fantastic job!
Totally amazed, awed, and impressed. Great job on such a big accomplishment! I was wondering when that race was going to happen...I know you told me, just couldn't remember exactly. I am super proud of you! See you soon. :)
The car story is pretty funny!!!how on earth did you spend the day at seven peaks after that!!? I was sore from the get go! And all that gu gave me some serious stomache issues post race! Wish I could have seen ya!!
Post a Comment