Hyte Family

Hyte Family

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tri, tri again

So, I've done a few races this year. So far this calendar year, I did a 5K, a triathlon, a 10K, a half marathon, a full marathon, and 2 sprint distance triathlons. I have a 10k next week and 1 or 2 more tri's and most likely a half marathon. Good stuff. Keeps me getting out and whatnot.

End of July I did the Herriman tri. The swim was in that little Blackridge res which was nice. My big bro did it with me and killed me on the bike time. I made my fam come to the finish line:
Aubrey enjoyed the medal. But that's because she can't read and so she doesn't know that they spelled "triathlon" wrong as "triathalon." (and on the shirt too).



My overall time was 1:41
The race results are here: http://trutiming.com/07_30_11_Herriman_Blackridge_Results.pdf


I have not one picture of today's race because I didn't make my family come and I didn't race with any one specifically-though, I did run into (and hung out with a bit) a good old friend from Venture Data days-Laura Anderson! Really good to catch up. This race was in Saratoga springs, where she lives. The race: was glad I had the wetsuit because we did what they call a "deep water start" where we waited in the water at the side of the dock, just treading water, until they called start for my wave. Then, (we were swimming in Utah Lake) after you swam out of the protection of the marina, the swells of water were so huge. Really hard to get into your rhythm and site your buoy when it's like that. So I muddled through. Good bike and run though. Nice course along west side of lake for the bike and in the neighborhood by the dock for the run. I finished 26th of the women and 9th in my age category with a total time of 1:27.
Race results: http://www.runthatrace.com/uploads/957/Overall+Results.pdf

2 comments:

Jami said...

your amazing Emily!

Jen Paris said...

I love this post Emily! But seriously, triathon? maybe they did it on purpose? wow. too funny!!!